(That you won’t see, and Sellers often don’t know exist)
When you are searching for a new home you aren’t climbing on the roof or through the attic or checking that all the appliances and electrical outlets work. But our inspectors check more than 300+ items in a typical home. Below are just a few of the issues that we often find during an inspection. Many of which a home owner living in the house didn’t even know were a problem.
1. Torn Duct Work in attic- Repairing or replacing the ducts can be costly but this problem can cause higher energy bills, overwork the system, distribute debris/dust from attic into home and clog up the filter.
3. Recalled breaker box- There are several brands of breaker boxes that insurance companies refuse to insure. You could find yourself at the last minute unable to get insurance or having to pay extremely high premiums until the box is replaced.
5. Double taps in breaker box- This is a safety hazard that need immediate repair and could lead to overheating and further damage to the main electrical panel
6. Improper bathroom venting into attic- Excessive moisture from the bathroom into the attic can cause condensation on the roof members, the insulation and eventually cause mold which can cause health issues and be expensive to have removed
8. Windows that don’t open or lock- Many people do not open all of their windows on a regular basis. Just having the springs and locks repaired can cost a lot.
9. Dryer vent improperly terminated- This can cause lint to accumulate into the attic or worse into the home, causing not just a mess but a fire hazard.
10. Missing Insulation- In addition to the cost of replacing the insulation, you end up with higher energy bills and the HVAC system works harder thus shortening the life of the unit.
Below is a pre-inspection checklist of simple things to be completed prior to a home inspection, which can be printed off and shared. These simple items are easy to do, but are a lot of times forgotten about.
Save yourself time and stress by completing these simple tasks before your home is inspected.
Mobile homes receive the same thorough and detailed inspection as our standard home inspection. However, with mobile homes we also provide a specialty crawlspace inspection.
Additionally, we include a FREE infrared inspection of the interior of the home.
Items examined during crawlspace inspection:
Save valuable time,
After a home inspection, often agents or buyers spend hours scheduling contractors, gathering quotes for repairs and sometimes renegotiating the sale price. We understand this can be stressful and even jeopardize the home purchase.
We can provide actual repair costs for deficiencies found from a national company which guarantee the price for
Here's how it works:
Three ways in which Hope Home Inspections provides the best inspection services while not scaring home buyers:
Hope Home Inspections had a wonderful 2018 and would like to give a big thank you to our awesome agents who made this year so great. Without your continued support and usage of our company we would not have been able to accomplish this truly amazing things this past year. We look forward to the new year and to continuing to work with such amazing people.
Here We Come 2019!
Products and materials present in our homes are constantly emitting chemicals, called Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCS) into the air. Exposure to VOCs can cause numerous health issues, from headaches and nausea to respiratory and digestive irritation to asthma exacerbation. Hope Home Inspections wants to ensure that homes are in good working condition and safe for our customers. That is why we have invested in the equipment to provide indoor air quality tests that will give you a total assessment of the air in your new home.
IF THERE WERE A WAY TO ENSURE YOU ARE BREATHING HEALTHY AIR IN YOUR HOME, WOULDN’T YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT IT?
To schedule your VOC testing please call our office at 941-773-1144
Due to so many families facing financial challenges, many look to the Angel Tree program to help provide their children with gifts during the holiday season. This program is designed to have people within the community pick an "angel", child in need, from a tree at a certain location and then donate presents to this specific child based off of their wishes. However, on average 400 children in the Sarasota/Bradenton area are not selected from any Angel Tree, these are the Forgotten Angels.
Active leaks not only cause high-water usage bills, but can also create a great deal of damage to your home, which can cost you thousands in repair expenses. A vast majority of leaks occur at or near plumbing fixtures like toilets and sinks, but sometimes leaks can be hidden deep within the walls of your home. As a home owner it is very important to know the signs of a potential water leak. Listed below are some signs to help you determine if you have a potential water issue:
1.An Unexpected Increase in your Water Bill.
Home Inspection: what it is… what it is not … and how to get the most out of it!
What it IS:
What it is NOT:
Tips to get the most out of your inspection:
.© COPYRIGHT HOPE HOME INSPECTIONS LLC 2017. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.