Wind Mitigation and 4 Point Inspection reports are for Insurance companies.
They answer specific questions the insurance companies need to issue insurance and may provide you discounts on your policy. Most often they are required on older homes.
What is older you ask? Typically, this means homes older than 20 years, however, each insurance company seems to have their own definition. So we strongly advise you contact your insurance company when considering ordering these services. Be advised, we have seen wind mitigation reports requested by many local insurance agencies here in Florida on new homes in order for them to issue discounts. These discounts often save you way more than the small fee charged for the report.
Be sure to ask your insurance agent if you would benefit from these insurance reports, then schedule an appointment with us and we will provide you with any of these reports you need.
For more information on these services check out our blog post written by one of our very own certified inspectors.
These insurance reports should not be used in place of a full home inspection which is more thorough and detailed in nature.
With a full home inspection, you will receive a detailed 300+ item report with photos determining the condition and functionality of the home
Some of the items inspected during a full home inspection that are not included in a 4 point or wind mitigation report:
- Exterior of the home including: drainage, hose bibs, trims, soffit, facia, fences, gates, drivewyas, carports, awnings, wall coverings, and stairs
- Outside deck/screen cage and patio
- Pools and pool equipment
- Interior of the home including: the walls, ceilings, floor coverings, light fixtures, fans, doors, and windows
- Appliances such as: washer and dyer, refrigerator, ice maker, stove, oven, disposal, dishwasher
- The plumbing is inspected by checking for leaks and water pressure by running faucets, showers, and flushing toilets
- Water heater
- Electrical outlets are tested
- Electrical meter and panel
- HVAC system interior and exterior units with a condition inspection of the filter, coils, refrigerant lines, and duct work
- Crawl space
- Gutters and downspouts
- Attic space
- Outdoor kitchens
- Garage Doors
- and so much more
If you are interested in seeing a sample full home inspection report please click the button below